Grant Park Multiple Room Reinvention
- Dated finishes and fixtures
- Dated, uncomfortable furniture that didn’t fit the scale of the rooms
- No consistent color palette to integrate the open floor plan of the public spaces
- Updated color palette that ties together the whole home, transitioning from comfortably dressy warm neutral finishes in the main rooms to a colorful and playful mix in the private spaces.
- Reconfigured fireplace wall with a smaller TV opening, tiled face, and relocated media components into an adjacent sideboard
- Custom cabinetry to add storage and display space in the den
- New sophisticated flooring and wall finishes (tile, wall covering and paint) throughout
- Unique lighting throughout adds sparkle and serve as the fun jewelry that catches your eye against a classic and neutral outfit
- Custom twin headboards in a bold fabric in the guest bedroom add surprise and whimsy after the warm neutral fabrics in the living room and dining room
- A sleeper sofa in the den allows their grown kids to have separate bedrooms when they visit
From The Client
I would highly recommend Colleen for any project. We hired her to assist with redecorating our newly purchased condo in downtown Minneapolis. She was patient and took the time to help us figure out the direction we wanted to go. We asked that she narrow down the options, providing us with several that would all work and we would pick from there. She also worked with our contractor to ensure the work went smoothly. The result has been wonderful! As she described for us, our condo now has a “warm, modern sophistication with a playful side”. Thank you Colleen!!
– Paula & Steve
I live in Minneapolis with my landscape architect/urban designer husband, my daughter who believes she’s my design assistant and sous chef, a cuddly tuxedo cat, a feisty Siamese, and a menagerie of turkeys and other wild animals who visit our backyard for the free food. When I’m not designing, you’ll often find me cooking up a Paleo feast, practicing embarrassing TikTok routines with my daughter, or hiding in a corner with my nose in a book.
Join Us On Instagram